Are you looking for curtains or blinds for your home? With so many options available, it can be challenging to choose the perfect window dressing that will tick all your boxes and work best for your unique space. Do you want custom curtains, or will ready-made curtains suffice?
If you’re looking for an instant solution, ready-made curtains may be a good option. Browsing what’s already available in stores or online is quick and easy. Custom or tailored curtains take longer but offer more versatility. You can be specific about every little detail. Below are the pros and cons of both ready-made and custom curtains.
- Ready-made curtains are economical and budget-friendly.
- You can choose from various colours and designs, and all it demands is a trip to the mall or browsing online.
- They offer quick delivery and turnaround time for anyone that’s in a hurry.
- Ready-made curtains might not look as good in person as they did on the package, but you won’t know until you remove them.
- It can be a challenge to find something that compliments your interior design and your taste.
- Ready-made curtains may not fit your windows since they come in standard sizes.
Custom Made Curtains
- When it comes to colour, design, size and material, the sky’s the limit.
- Your custom curtains will be unique and compliment your decor.
- Your curtains will fit perfectly.
- Custom made curtains may cost more, but you get exactly what you want.
- They are made from scratch, so you might have to wait a little longer.
Both custom and ready-made curtains are great options if you want to make a style statement in your home. Below are more things to consider when purchasing curtains for your home.
Choosing the Perfect Curtains for Your Home
Curtains play an essential part in a room’s character and mood. If not done properly, it can cause the design to feel off. The following aspects need to be considered: the type of material, colour, thickness, as well as, curtain length. Save yourself the money and effort by educating yourself before you buy curtains. To make curtain shopping easier, follow this guide:
For privacy in bedrooms, curtains should be manufactured from thick or block out material, whereas a dining room that leads onto a patio will only require curtains for lighting purposes. Heavy material will give a formal and dramatic effect, whereas lighter materials will offer a more light and sunny effect.
It’s better to choose natural tones if your room receives a lot of natural light. Bright colours will fade quickly because the sun isn’t very forgiving. Light curtains will open up a dark room.
Taking the proper measurements of your windows are critical in ensuring they fit perfectly. Measure the height from the floor to the rail, and remember to keep in mind the size of the hanging hardware.